Wednesday, May 9, 2007

About Convergent Perspectives

What was supposed to be just a simple trial of Google's Blogger turned out to be the creation of this formal blog site -- this was how Convergent Perspectives came into being. After a few explorations of Blogger's functionalities, I soon found myself planning out the concept and direction of the site.

I know I should have started a blog site long before but I was always arrested by the thought of finding time to maintain and sustain it. I never really had a formal personal website because of this apprehension. But going through the basic functionalities of Blogger somehow changed this notion. What immediately played in my mind was the big potential of having a repository of opinions and perspectives that can be shared to interested parties and facilitate the healthy exchange of ideas. I guess the reluctant writer in me has finally come out of his shell and is now demanding for a venue for expression. And this blog site may just be the right venue... I hope.

Thus, Convergent Perspectives will contain my opinions and perspectives on matters of significance. The exchanges that will eventually ensue with the visitors who wish to engage with my posts will hopefully lead to convergent perspectives that can influence or challenge current thoughts and practices. And collaborative efforts can follow when a high degree of convergence is established...

My first post is about the Technopreneurship Ecosystem the IT community of Davao is trying to establish and the crucial role of schools with IT Education programs in the whole ecosystem. The Computer Studies Division of Ateneo de Davao University, of which I am currently the Chairperson, is taking on this challenge. I encourage you to read the article and post your comments. And I hope you do the same with my succeeding posts... :-)

1 comment:

Aldrin said...

hello sir,

its nice to see you on blog.

kahinumdum pa ka nako sir?

Aldrin